Episode 19 Shownotes
We answer your competition shooting questions.
In this episode, Ben and I answer several questions about competition shooting:
Jason H. asks about 3-Gun gear and rules
Nate J. asks about competition for kids.
- Sir Walter Gun Club Junior Rifle League
- Also, check with the Zombie Shooters Assoc.
Al asks why there aren’t any shotgun specific action matches.
- IPSC does some shotgun matches in Europe, give this video a watch:
Michael J. asks about dry-fire training.
- Ben Stoegers 15min Dry Fire Program
- Steve Andersons Dry Fire book
I have a little setup in my garage for dry-fire, using masking tape on the floor marking scaled yardages, using scaled down targets as well, here’s a picture of my setup. (Yes, my garage is filthy.)
Chris K. asks about ways to read a stage when shooting IDPA.
- Ben and I both struggled to give Chris a good answer. We suggested a few things that may help.
Steve S. asks about evening matches in the Triangle area.
- PDHSC holds an IDPA match on the 4th Saturday of the month.
- The Wake County Firearms Education and Training Center holds a few different matches a month on Monday nights
- The Zombie Shooters Assoc. holds several weeknight matches, at Range 37, Down Range Indoor Shooting Facility in Rocky Mount, and Sportsmans Lodge in Jacksonville.
Plug of the Week:
If you are a competitive shooter, and you are not listening to That Shooting Show by Steve Anderson, you are wrong. Ben found this show, and turned me on to it last week. I think I’ve listened to 40-50 episodes already, and they are phenomenal. Mr. Anderson does a great job getting me fired up about shooting, and improving my skills.
I mentioned Steve Anderson’s book in the dry fire section above, but if you want to find out more about what he does, visit AndersonShooting.com
Lastly, if you have any questions or comments, shoot me an email at [email protected]
If you would like to leave a voicemail and possibly get your voice on the podcast, call (919) 295-6128, or click here to leave a voicemail from your computer!